Thursday, September 12, 2013

Step 1: Planning!

   My friend LH decided that she was tired of paying rent, and wanted to move out of her apartment and into her very own house. The problem was she didn't own land or know exactly where she wanted to live. Then she discovered the idea of building and living in her own tiny house on wheels, going when and where the mood struck her.
   After some soul (and web) searching she purchased a set of plans, and ordered a trailer for the foundation. I've built enough things to fool her into thinking I'm competent, so she asked me if I would want to build her tiny house. I jumped at the chance since I love to build. With several weeks until the trailer arrives, we've been reviewing the plans, making drawings, and LH made an awesome foam core scale model!
   Yesterday we made a trip to a closeout building supply center housed in an old elementary school and after browsing through a half-acre of dusty, unorganized materials, came home with two very nice windows for an excellent price. Tomorrow, we go to another closeout location to shop for more windows. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment